Is your company among the biggest and the best? Find out when ABC publishes the #ABCMeritShopProud Top 200 Contractors list to provide recognition to members for their achievements and their commitment to excellence in construction.
Unique among industry top contractor lists, the methodology ranks ABC members by company size based on the number of hours worked in 2017 and highlights achievement in safety, quality, diversity and project excellence; federal minority designations; and membership revenue category.
The #ABCMeritShopProud Top 200 Contractors list will be published as a supplement to Construction Executivemagazine in April 2019.
“ABC is constantly seeking new ways to deliver value and help our members win work, and we are proud to announce the debut of this new industry resource,” said Michael Bellaman, ABC president and chief executive officer. “This handsome publication will honor the best of the best in merit shop construction by raising awareness of their achievements among CE’s 55,000 subscribers and beyond.”
What defines the best of the best? To make the cut, the Top 200 must demonstrate world-class safety performance by achieving STEP Gold or above in ABC’s Safety Training Evaluation Process. Only contractors who have earned the prestigious Accredited Quality Contractor credential for their commitment to corporate responsibility in quality, safety, employee benefits, education, community relations and diversity are eligible for the Top 200.
The listings will highlight contractors who won national Excellence in Construction,® Safety Excellence and Diversity Excellence awards at ABC Convention 2018. In addition, federal designations—including those designed to expand opportunities for companies owned by minorities, veterans, women and economically disadvantaged Americans—earned by members will be listed.
The publication will also include a ranking of the top 25 contractors in each of ABC’s eight regions.
Members still have time to meet the qualifications to be ranked.
• If you haven’t completed your application for STEP or AQC, the deadline is Dec. 15, 2018, for both.
• Confirm your annual revenue category and any federal designations you hold in your company profile on FindContractors.com. Profiles can be edited at any time. The data as of Dec. 15, 2018, will be the data utilized for each company’s listing.
• Be on the lookout for an approval draft of your listing from ABC in January.
A full explanation of the methodology for the rankings follows.
#ABCMeritShopProud Top 200 Contractors List Methodology
1. The Top 200 is a list of all national contractor members who in 2018 achieved STEP Gold status or higher (based on 2017 safety data) and earned the AQC credential.
2. ABC member companies are ranked 1 to 200 based on work hours reported on their company-wide STEP applications.
3. Companies are recognized as a National Excellence in Construction® or Diversity Excellence award-winner in their listings if they were so honored at ABC Convention 2018.
4. Federal designations are listed as reported on FindContractors.com as of Dec. 15, 2018.
5. Contractor national dues revenue categories are listed as they were reported in 2018.
#ABCMeritShopProud Top 25 Contractors Regional List Methodology
1. The Top 25 #ABCMeritShopProud regional list is based on ABC’s membership regions—Mid-Atlantic, Mid-America, Midwest, Mountain West, Northeast, Pacific, South Central and Southeast.
2. Each Top 25 list is comprised of national contractor member companies that achieved STEP Gold or higher in 2018 (based on 2017 safety data).
3. Contractor members in each region are ranked from 1 to 25 based on work hours reported on their company-wide STEP applications.
4. Contractor members are listed only once, where they are headquartered, regardless of whether the company has multiple offices.
5. Companies are recognized as National Excellence in Construction® or Diversity Excellence award-winners in their listings if they were so honored at ABC Convention 2018.
6. Federal designations are listed as reported on FindContractors.com as of Dec. 15, 2018.
7. Contractor national dues revenue categories are listed as they were reported in 2018.
8. AQC credentials are noted in listings if earned in 2018.