On Jan. 6, directed by an act of Congress, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration launched an online database called the Commercial Driver’s License Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse. Employers that utilize commercial drivers should be aware of the new reporting and query requirements.
To assist employers, FMCSA has developed several resources located on the Clearinghouse website:
- Overview of the Clearinghouse powerpoint presentation and recorded webinar
- Clearinghouse Learning Center
- Clearinghouse FAQs
- Learn about Queries and Consent Requests Factsheet
- Query Plans
- Clearinghouse Factsheet
- Clearinghouse Final Rule
- Contact Information for the Clearinghouse Team
ABC’s general counsel, Littler Mendelson, also has developed informative resources on the Clearinghouse:
- An analysis of the Clearinghouse new reporting and query requirements
- A recorded webinar on the Clearinghouse
Continue to visit Newsline for any updates on the CDL Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse.