Last week, ABC Government Affairs met with officials from the U.S. Department of Labor HIRE Vets Medallion Program. The program, established under the HIRE Vets Act of 2017, recognizes employer efforts to recruit, employ and retain veterans through a HIRE Vets Medallion Award based on a set of criteria for small, medium and large employers. The DOL will begin accepting award applications in January 2019 and has recently created a website for the program that includes the timeline and fee information for applying, as well as criteria for eligibility. ABC supports the hiring of our nation’s veterans and values the skills they can bring to the workplace. ABC encourages members to review the program and apply if eligible.
- Tell the NLRB To Abandon Its New Radical Joint Employer Rule December 1, 2022
- IIJA Buy America Rules Now in Effect; DOT Proposes New Waivers December 1, 2022
- October Construction Employment Ticks Up by 1,000, Says ABC November 17, 2022
- ABC: State Construction Unemployment Is Down in 42 States From a Year Ago November 10, 2022
- October Construction Employment Ticks Up by 1,000, Says ABC November 10, 2022