Last week, ABC Government Affairs met with officials from the U.S. Department of Labor HIRE Vets Medallion Program. The program, established under the HIRE Vets Act of 2017, recognizes employer efforts to recruit, employ and retain veterans through a HIRE Vets Medallion Award based on a set of criteria for small, medium and large employers. The DOL will begin accepting award applications in January 2019 and has recently created a website for the program that includes the timeline and fee information for applying, as well as criteria for eligibility. ABC supports the hiring of our nation’s veterans and values the skills they can bring to the workplace. ABC encourages members to review the program and apply if eligible.
- Contractor Optimism Improves as ABC’s Construction Backlog Inches Up in December January 22, 2021
- Monthly Construction Input Prices Increase in December, Says ABC January 20, 2021
- What the 117th Congress Means for Construction January 18, 2021
- Biden Selects Labor Secretary January 15, 2021
- ABC Central Ohio to Offer Additional Management Education Programs Virtually January 13, 2021
January 28 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm