Last week, ABC Government Affairs met with officials from the U.S. Department of Labor HIRE Vets Medallion Program. The program, established under the HIRE Vets Act of 2017, recognizes employer efforts to recruit, employ and retain veterans through a HIRE Vets Medallion Award based on a set of criteria for small, medium and large employers. The DOL will begin accepting award applications in January 2019 and has recently created a website for the program that includes the timeline and fee information for applying, as well as criteria for eligibility. ABC supports the hiring of our nation’s veterans and values the skills they can bring to the workplace. ABC encourages members to review the program and apply if eligible.
- CDW Requests US Supreme Court Review of Property Destruction Decision June 30, 2022
- 13 House Republicans Warn OMB About PLA Mandate Rulemaking June 30, 2022
- ABC’s Construction Backlog Rises in May; Contractor Confidence Falters June 23, 2022
- Construction Input Prices Are Up 21% From a Year Ago, Says ABC June 23, 2022
- ABC to White House: Abandon Exclusionary Policies That Reject 87% of Construction Workers June 23, 2022