Earlier this month, the U.S. Department of Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service announced proposed rules to provide critical guidance on the implementation of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The proposals would affect tax provisions affecting the construction industry, including temporary 100 percent expensing, the 20 percent deduction on qualified business income for pass-through entities and the implementation of the repatriation transition tax under section 965 as it relates to U.S. shareholders with accumulated foreign earnings. ABC welcomes this guidance and will continue to review these proposed rules to determine their benefit to the construction industry.
- OSHA Updates Severe Violator Enforcement Program September 29, 2022
- OFCCP Extends Deadline to Oct. 19 for Contractors to Object to the Disclosure of EEO-1 Reports September 29, 2022
- ABC’s Contractor Confidence Rebounds; Construction Backlog Indicator Flat in August September 23, 2022
- Monthly Construction Input Prices Dip in August, But Are Up 17% From a Year Ago, Says ABC September 23, 2022
- GSA Final Rule Allows Union Organizing of Contractors on Federal Property September 15, 2022