WE ARE THE VOICE OF CONSTRUCTION
Get into politics or get out of business!
What we do
- advocate for our members with legislators and policy makers
- promote the value of the merit shop construction profession
Why we advocate
- to protect companies from unfair and anti-competitive business practices
- to give our members a voice
How we advocate
- address legislative and regulatory issues that affect the construction industry
- inform our members about National, State and Local legislative and regulatory activities through action alerts, issue briefs and regular government affairs updates
- provide resources for members to better understand, support, and voice opinions on legislation
Learn more about costly Union-Only Agreements
Learn more about “Shamming Banners,” a Union pressure tactic designed to publicly spread false information about businesses that use Open Shop contractors.
Become a vital part of the ABC grassroots advocacy efforts and further the merit shop philosophy.
Where we advocate
State & Local Government
The three ABC Ohio Chapters, their members, staff, and lobbying team work together to prioritize and discuss legislation at the local and the state levels.
ABC National is one of the most influential business advocacy groups with the core purpose defending free enterprise in the construction industry.
The ABC National Political Action Committee works within the federal election process to further the goals of the association through direct support or opposition of candidates for the Office of President, United States Senate and United States House of Representatives.
For more information about what ABC is doing to fight for your right to work in Ohio, view our Issues briefing page, or contact Bryan Williams, ABC of Ohio lobbyist, at 614.529.4300.
Stop Union-Only PLA’s in Central Ohio.